The Department is committed to produce the top class engineering professionals through academic excellence and quality education.This department has dedicated and competent faculty members to impart quality education, project guidance, personality development to enable them to be placed in reputed Multi National Organizations.
To be a centre of excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering in the areas of teaching, learning and research. Synchronizing all the three activities to produce high quality mechanical engineers..
The Mechanical Engineering Department is committed to
- Generate able and responsible Graduate Mechanical Engineers for global requirements by providing effective quality education.
- Respond to the ever changing needs of the industry and corporate world.
- Conduct basic and applied research and to generate intellectual property.
- Provide consultancy to the neighborhood industries and committed to the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Highlight the importance of Interpersonal communication skills to excel in higher studies and competitive examinations to secure jobs in reputed public and corporate companies.
- Engineering Work Shop
- Manufacturing Technology Lab
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Mechanics of solids Lab
- Metrology and Measurements Lab
- Material science Lab
- Computer Aided Design Lab
- CNC Machines Lab
- Machine tools Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
The Educational Objectives (EOs) of the under-graduate program- Bachelor of Technology(B. Tech.) in Mechanical Engineering offered by Narayana Engineering College, Nellore are:
- Graduates will be successful mechanical engineers in the industry or professional careers.
- Graduates will continue to learn the latest emerging technology and advanced field of study.
Program Outcomes (POs)
On successful completion of the under-graduate program- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering, the Mechanical Engineering graduates will,
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to arrive optimal solutions.
- Identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems through technical literature.
- Design a component, a process and a system to meet desired needs considering financial, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Conduct experiment, analyze and interpret data to arrive valid conclusions.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools for modeling and prediction of problems by understanding the limitations.
- Recognize the importance of health and safety, social, cultural responsibility in the design and implementation of engineering projects.
- Apply the standards and professional ethics in engineering practice.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team.
- Become Successful in competitive examination such as GATE, GRE, GMAT, CAT..
Name of the Faculty
Date Of Joining
|Dr.A.V.S.Sreedhar Kumar||Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D||
|T. Rajeswara Rao||Asst.Prof.||M.Tech||
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
List of publications based on this thesis work
1. Sreedhar kumar. A.V.S., Veeranna.V., Durga Prasad. B. (2010), Optimization of FMS Scheduling using Non-traditional Optimization Techniques, Accepted and Published @ International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, ISSN: 0975-5462, Vol. 2 (12) , pp. 7289-7296, Impact Factor: 1.76, IC value: 3.14
2. Sreedhar kumar. A.V.S, Veeranna. V and Durga prasad.B . (2012), Critical Review On Scheduling In Flexible Manufacturing System: A Research Perspective, Accepted and Published @ Ascent Journals: International Journal of Engineering Research and Industrial Applications, ISSN: 0974-1518, vol.5, no.1, pp. 379-390., Impact Factor: 0.509.
3. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S., Veeranna. V., Durga Prasad. B (2013), Combined Objective Optimization of FMS Scheduling with Non-Traditional Optimization Techniques, published in International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, ISSN:2278-0181, Vol. 2, Issue 8, pp:1420-1428., Impact Factor: 1.76
4. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S., Veeranna V., Durga prasad B (2013), A MATLAB GUI Tool for Optimization of FMS scheduling using Conventional and Evolutionary approaches, published in International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, ISSN:2277–4106, INPRESSCO, VOL.3, NO-5, pp:1739-1744., Global Impact Factor: 4.55.
5. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S., Veeranna. V., Durga prasad B(2013), Comparision and Application of Evolutionary Approaches for Optimization of Fms Scheduling, published in International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research, Research India publications, ISSN 0973-1873 (print), Volume 9, Number 2, 2013, pp: 121-132.
6. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S., Veeranna. V., Durga Prasad. B,(2014), An Automated Tool for Optimization of FMS Scheduling With Meta Heuristic Approach, published in Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, ISSN: 2248-9622, Vol. 4, Issue 3( Version 6), pp.28-37., Impact Factor:1.69, IC value:5.09.
7. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S., Veeranna .V., Durga Prasad. B.,(2014), Scheduling Optimization Of Flexible Manufacturing System Environment Using Differential Evolution and Bacterial Foraging Optimization Algorithms. Published in i-manager’s Journal on Instrumentation & Control Engineering, ISSN: 2321-113X, Vol. 2, No-2, pp.1-10., Global Impact Factor:0.276.
8. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S, Veeranna V & Durga prasad B “Multi Objective Scheduling Of Jobs In Flexible Manufacturing System Using Metaheuristic Approaches With Inclusion Of Simulation Modeling”, International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends, Volume 2, Issue 4, April 2015, PP 264-270, ISSN (Online): 2349-7084, Global Impact Factor: 0.238, ISRA JIF 0.351.
Conference Papers based on this Thesis work
1. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S., Veeranna V., Durga prasad B.,(2014), Metaheuristic Approaches to Optimize the Combined objective Scheduling of jobs in FMS using a Matlab based GUI Tool, published in ICME-2014, held on August 23rd, 2014, Bangalore, published in the conference proceedings of ELSEVIER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PUBLICATIONS, ISBN:978-93-5107-271-3, pp 122-134.
2. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S,(2015), Scheduling Optimization of Flexible Manufacturing System Environment Using Metaheuristic Approaches – An Industrial Case Study, 2nd International Conference on Emerging Trends in Technology & Applied Sceinces (ICETTAS 2015), SAINTGITS College of Engineering, Kottayam, Kerala.
3. Sreedhar kumar A.V.S., Veeranna. V., Durga Prasad. B.,(2015), Optimization Of Scheduling In Flexible Manufacturing System Environment Using Metaheuristic Approaches with Inclusion of Simulation Modeling, Conference Proceedings in National Conference on Innovative Research in Engineering & technology(NCIRET_2OI5), ISBN: 978-I-63415-634-9, Dr. K.V. Subba Reddy Institute of Technology, Kurnool on 25th april-2015. Received best paper award.
- A Two week ISTE workshop on Engineering Mechanics was conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay from Dt.26-11-2013 to Dt. 6-12-2013
- The Mechanical department organized a study tour for III B.Tech students to Amara Raaja Batteries &Vyshnavi Food Products Industry near Tirupathi on Dt.16-2-2013
- The Mechanical Engineering Department organized a study tour for II B.Tech students to Sri Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Thermal Power Station (APGENCO) near Krishnapatnam Port&Oils &Fats Limited on Dt.16-11-2013
- NECTAR -2K13 ADHYANAN was organized on Dt.9-3-2013 . There were paper presentations, Poster and short films presentation.
MECHERA 2K14: Department of Mechanical Engineering organized a National Level Symposium MECHERA2K14 on technological developments in engineering especially in the fields of Mechanical, Automobile, Civil, Electrical and Electronics on Dt. 24/4/2014 at the college premises. This symposium showcased the talents of budding engineers from more than one hundred engineering colleges across the country. This convention included Technical paper presentation, Poster presentation and Mini projects in the areas of nanotechnology, Laser sintering techniques, and advances in braking system, modern hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Students from various engineering colleges participated with much enthusiasm in extracurricular activities documentaries, art exhibition, singing, dancing and mimicry which were also part of this symposium.
Our college students actively participated and achieved prizes in dancing, poster presentation, and art exhibition. This one day program was conducted successfully amidst the cheers of the relentless participants.
Students made an automobile solar e-bike with the guidance from the experienced Faculty members. This solar e-bike is driven by a D.C motor fitted in rear axle and operated by Solar energy drawn from 4- solar panels of 20 W each. The panels fitted will provide protection from the scorching Sun to the driver and the pillion as an umbrella..
CIMTECHNO-2K15 National wide Technical Symposium – CIMTECHNO-2K15 was celebrated with overwhelming joy and enthusiasm for 2 days on Dt. 26-3-2015 and Dt.27-3-2015. The first day was very hectic with paper presentations, poster presentations, working model demonstrations and short film presentations.Students from all over the country sent number of papers on various technical topics. After scrutiny around 16 papers stood for presentation on Dt.26-3-2015.Similarly posters, working models and short films were also showcased by the highly talented budding engineers. Winners and runners were given the mementos and cash prizes by the Principal.
The second day i.e., Dt. 27-3-2015 was totally dedicated to the students’ talents like dances, mimicry, singing and other extra curricular activities. Students were bedazzled by the decorations in the auditorium and enjoyed each event with much alacrity. The hungry and tired participants were served the mouth-watering delicious food and ice creams.
Glimpses of “Industrial Visit to Nippo Batteries" on 19-08-17 organized by department of Mechanical Engineering
Glimpses of “Industrial Visit to SHAR - ISRO " on 08-08-17 organized by department of Mechanical Engineering
Glimpses of “Seminar on an Industrial Applications of Taguchi method by using MiniTab" by Mr. K. Siva Kumar, Mr. T. Rajeswara Rao and B. Nagaraju on 05-08-17 organized by department of Mechanical Engineering
Glimpses of “A lecture on Awareness program on opportunities in Automobile Industry " byM Madhu kumar Desgine Engineering in Hyndhi automobile pvt ltd, Hyderabad on 05-08-17 organized by department of Mechanical Engineering
Glimpses of “'Thermodynamics & Thermal engineering concepts in power plants " by Sri M. Penchal Reddy, Vani GATE Coaching Center, Chennai on 18-08-17 organized by department of Mechanical Engineering
Glimpses of “'A lecture on career opportunities in core industries for mechanical Students " byK Harsha vardhan , cyient technologys on 24-08-17 organized by department of Mechanical Engineering
Dr. A.V.S. SREEDHAR KUMAR,M.Tech,Ph.D.,MISTE
Professor & Head,
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Narayana Engineering College,
Muthukur Road, Harinadhapuram, Nellore-524004